• 08:30 – 09:00: Tour starts from the parking lot behind the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Sofia, or from your preferable place if booked in advance. The trip to the town of Kazanlak lasts about two and a half hours through beautiful countryside.
• 10:30 – 11:30: Discover the Kazanlashka Tomb, One of the most impressive monuments of the Thracian civilization in the Valley of the Thracian Kings.
• 12:15 – 13:00: Visit to the tomb of Seuthes III. Seuthes III was the King of the Odrysian Kingdom of Thrace from c.331 to c.300BC and founder of the nearby Thracian city of Seuthopolis.
• 13:30 – 14:30: Lunch and relax in a traditional restaurant while enjoying deliciously prepared food, fine wine and lovely atmosphere.
• 14:30 – 16:30: Enjoyable afternoon at the Architectural and Ethnographic Complex Damascena, where the legends of Orpheus come to life. Orpheus was considered one of the chief poets and musicians of antiquity and is still a symbol of the art of music.
• 16:45 – 18:00: Departure towards Wine and Spa Complex Starosel.
• 18:00 – 19:00: Hotel check-in. Hotel Starosel is located on the outskirts of the village of Starosel and is decorated in traditional Bulgarian style with natural materials like wood, stone and wool. The hotel is considered one of the pearls in the crown of Bulgarian spa tourism.
• 19:00 – 21:00: Dinner at the hotel restaurant, relax in a traditional atmosphere while enjoying deliciously prepared food, free time.
• 09:00 – 12:00: Today after breakfast we will discover the town of Hisarya, impressive Roman remains, (Roman city of Diocletianopolis), a small resort town in Plovdiv Province. The town is famous for its pre-historic remains and Roman ruins visible everywhere – public buildings, a small amphitheater, the barracks of the Roman garrison, the foundations of a couple of the oldest churches in Bulgaria, as well as the best-preserved Roman city walls in Bulgaria.
The town was founded thousands of years ago, probably on account of its hot springs.
• 13:00 – 13:30: Visit the Thracian’s cult center, near the hotel ”Starosel”.
• 13:30 – 14:30: Lunch in a thematic country restaurant, relax at the charming atmosphere, while being served delicious cooked food and taste local red wine.
• 17:30 – 19:00: Get back in the Hotel, Wine tasting- The fines wine made by Thracians recipe. Taste different wines and get ready for the next day – For all guest with an attitude of wines, Starosel offers a variety of wine and brandy tasting, Through them, you not only get useful knowledge about the Thracian’s wine, you will also get the chance to gather a lot of impressions by testing 3,5,7 winers or 3 brands.
• 19:00 – 21:00: Dinner in the Hotel, relax at the traditional charming atmosphere, while being served delicious cooked food and get ready for the next day.
• 09:00: Today morning unfortunately is the last day, after the breakfast we can enjoy of the Spa facilities.
• 12:00: Hotel check-out.
• 12:00 – 13:00: Departure towards the town of Koprivshtitsa, one of the most characteristic Bulgarian towns, still preserving the atmosphere of the Bulgarian National Revival period of the 19th century.
• 13:30 – 14:30: Lunch & relax in a traditional restaurant while enjoying deliciously prepared food and lovely atmosphere.
• 14:30 – 16:30: Walk around the Architectural and Ethnographic town of Koprivshtitsa. Koprivshtitsa is one of the most characteristic Bulgarian towns, still preserving the atmosphere of the Bulgarian National Revival period of the 19th century. The town boasts many architectural monuments from the period, 383 in all, most of which have been restored to their original appearance. Collections of ethnographical treasures, old weapons, National Revival works of art, fine fretwork, household weaves and embroidery, national costumes and typical Bulgarian jewelry have also been preserved. It was here that the first shot of the April Uprising against the Ottoman domination was fired in 1876.
• 17:00 – 19:00: Departure back to Sofia, the capital city of Bulgaria.
• 19:00: Expected arrival time in Sofia at the parking lot behind Alexander Nevsky Cathedral or at your preferable location if requested in advance at the time of booking.
We are glad that we spent memorable moments together and we will be happy to meet you soon!